Friday, September 28, 2012

Resale At Your Finger Tips

     I love going to resale stores.  Especially those that set their standard high and only take in the good stuff.  I enjoy going through little kid clothes knowing that some child has been out playing in the yard or going to birthday parties or even has eaten Thanksgiving dinner in this outfit, and now the parent who watched after this child has taken great care of these outfits and have passed them on.  Sound silly to you?  Think about it next time you are in a resale store. 

     I came across this site and got more than a little bit excited.  I have many a sleepless nights.  Maybe it is because I spent so many nights up with the kids; maybe just the way I am.  But - now when I am joining all those parents who are up at 2 a.m.,  and just can't get back to sleep, I can shop that resale shop right from home.

     Like I said, I just found this site and have not used them yet.  That is going to happen this week for sure.  And I will share with you.  For now, take a look for yourself and see what you find.   I feel like it will be as important to grand parents as it is to parents.  Aunts, Uncles, neighbors of little kids - any one who buys for kids.

     Check this site out -  This is thredUp.com
another thing -
you can sell to thredUp also !
Tell me how you could go wrong with this deal ?

Halloween is coming up - look what they have to say about that!

Save some cash on costumes with thredUP.com– new costumes can be pricey and are only worn once! Online resale shop, thredUP.com, sells like-new brand name costumes at up to 80% off retail, along with deeply discounted do-it-yourself costume pieces - like black-cat leggings, or ladybug-red turtlenecks - which kiddos can wear even after Halloween. You can also send thredUP your outgrown kids costumes and earn cash! They pay 20% - 40% of each clothing item's resale value.

It gets better and better, the more I check into it.  I'll follow up with you.  Please share your experiences with all of us too. 

*Just a little note here -
Earlier in this post I sort of mentioned that you should think about the history behind some of the great finds in resale shops.  Well, if you happen to be in a store that sells used mattresses, sheets and granny panties, it would be best if you just don't even think about that too much.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment